Solar Panel Installation, Maintenance & Repairs
Solar Panels Melbourne
Solar Panel Installation Melbourne
Installing Solar Panels
- Brand new solar panels on domestic single level properties and commercial buildings, on a lease, buy or finance option.
- Retro fit solar panelling to your existing system. This is the perfect option If you already have a solar panel system however, you wish to further reduce your electricity bills
- Install solar batteries. Our solar panel and battery installation combination, will maximise your savings. Even when your power is out, your solar battery will keep the lights on!
Solar Panel Maintenance & Safety Check
You’ll be pleased to hear that solar panels are easy to look after. If you have your system checked by one of our professionals once a year, it should reward you with up to 30 years of solar energy.
Regular maintenance of your solar panel should ensure;
- No parts have corroded or deteriorated
- The solar panels are secure and clean
- Switches don’t have any defects
- Wiring is in good order and not damaged
- Vents are free of debris
- Remove overhanging or fallen branches from the panel area and clean all bird poo from each panel. This will maintain the panels strength and efficiency.
- Your solar panel energy production will be inefficient if installed in a shady area. Make sure your solar panels receive maximum sunlight. To gain the best value.
- The inverter lights should be flashing green. We want you to know that if the inverter lights are flashing red or not flashing at all, an underlying issue may exist.
Don’t leave your solar panels unchecked or run the risk of incurring avoidable repair costs. Give one of our solar panel experts a call today on 0411 361 901
Cleaning My Solar Panels
Solar Panel Cleaning Melbourne
We recommend cleaning your solar panels every six months with a hose and bucket of soapy water. Try to avoid using any high pressure washers as this could damage the panels.
Make sure all the dust and pollen is removed from the panels in summer. Furthermore, look out for any leaves or debris in the cooler months.
If your property in a dust prone area it’s important to have your solar panels regularly cleaned. Studies have shown that efficiency of solar production of panels drops by up to 40% in dust prone areas.
For most people cleaning your solar panels is not a DIY job. Get in touch with the professionals at Suri & Suri Electrical.
Call the experts on 0411 361 901 today.
How Often Do Solar Panels Need To Be Cleaned?
It is generally recommended to have your solar panels cleaned every 6 months to a year. This will help maintain the panels efficiency and effectiveness. Depending on where you live and the surrounding environement the panels may need more frequent cleaning.
Do I Need To Turn Off My Solar Panels To Clean?
Absolutely YES. Solar panels create and store electricity so it is imperative to turn them off before they are cleaned.